Our facility is equipped with a large format overhead gantry 5-axis CNC router. The router has a large working envelope of 20ft x 12ft x 5ft and is capable of milling precision parts. We needed a way to instill higher quality and efficiency into our radome development process. Through in-house milling, we now have the ability to create custom plugs and parts used in the development of our radomes.
- Precision Helical Rack and Pinion Driven Gantry
- Leadscrew Driven Bridge and Spindle Z-Axis
- Stress Relieved Steel with Precision Machined Surfaces
- Moving Gantry Bridge Design, Stationary Table
- 20ft x 12ft x 5ft – Machining Length, Width, and Height
- Spindle Speed to 22,000 RPM
- Unlimited Continuous C-Axis Rotation Option
- Virtual Zero Backlash Rotary Axes Positioning
- Fagor Model 8055 Power Controller
- Small to Large Format 5-Axis Machining and Surfacing
- Model Making and Digital Sculpture
We also have a small 4′ x 8′ 3-axis router used primarily for cutting foam kits for our radome panels.